It’s Red Poppy Festival 2019 in Georgetown Texas!!!!
We want everybody to have the best experience possible this year so we put together 8 Tips For Having a Great Time at Red Poppy Festival 2019!! Scroll to the bottom for the map of the festival grounds including food court, restrooms, kids area, stage locations, sitting areas, car show area and more!
1. Dogs at the Red Poppy Festival? Absolutely YES! Red Poppy is a pet friendly event. The city does ask that you adhere to a few simple guidelines so everyone can have the best time possible.
- Be sure your pet is on a leash, this will help you keep control of your pet and help keep him/her safe during the festival.
- The city asks that your pet wear his/her tags while at the festival.
- Be sure to pick-up after your pet, as you know, it’s not fun to step in doggie do.
2. Festival Maps – The city has designed maps of the festival area including: location of food court, restrooms, kids area, stage locations, sitting areas, car show area and more!
Maps can be picked up at the Visitors Center located on the north side of the square at 103 W 7th Street.
3. Restroom locations
- The Municipal Building located on the north east corner of the square at Main and 7th will be open during the entire festival and they have men’s and women’s bathrooms.
- The Visitor’s Center located on the square at 103 W 7th Street will be open on Friday 9am to 9pm, Saturday 9am to 9pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm and they have 2 bathrooms inside and down the hall.
- Other portable bathroom locations can be found on the festival map below.
- Grace Heritage Center located at the intersection of 9th Street and Main Street. Restrooms are located behind the building.
4. Alcohol and Food at the Festival – You are welcome to bring your ice chest, food and alcoholic beverages with you to the festival, the city does ask that you not bring glass because it could create a hazard for children, adults and pets.
5. First Aid and Emergency Station – There will be a first aid and emergency station set up at the corner of 7th and Main ready to help with everything from band-aids to emergency situations.
6. Weather Alerts – The Red Poppy Festival is a rain or shine event! In the case of hail or lightening or strong storms there could be postponements or cancellations. You can stay up-to-date for weather alerts on the city Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VisitGeorgetownTX/.
7. Eco-Stations for Recycling at the Festival – The Red Poppy Festival is on track to become a Zero Waste event by 2021, which means that 90 percent of the waste from the event is recycled or composted. Food vendors are using only compostable plates, dishes, drinking straws, napkins, and cutlery and recyclable cups.
8. ATM locations in Downtown Georgetown – New for 2019, you’ll be able to get your cash and stay on the square. Look for the yellow temporary ATM’s located around the square in front of the stationary stores. There are also several Bank ATMs around the Festival area, go here for list and map.
9. Free Parking Locations – Follow this link for a map and list of parking options during the Red Poppy Festival.
Please look for recycling and composting echo-stations and help the festival to become Zero Waste. You can start by bringing your own reusable shopping bags from home. In 2016, attendees helped divert 54 percent of waste generated at the event from the landfill.
For daily schedule of events, maps, free parking lots, shuttle and just about everything else you need go to https://hellogeorgetown.com/red-poppy-festival/.
Have A Wonderful Time at Red Poppy Festival 2019 Everybody!!!! See you there!!!