The Downtown West Project is the working name for the renovation of two municipal buildings for city offices.
The work began in November 2017 and estimated completion is December of 2018. With the Grand Opening planned for early 2019.
The two buildings receiving renovation are:
1) The former public library located at 808 Martin Luther King Street. This 17,000 sq ft building will be the City Hall.
2) Formerly the Georgetown Communication and Technology Building located at 510 West Ninth Street. This will be the new home of the Council Chambers and Municipal Court.
After completion the campus (which will receive a new name soon) will consist of 4 buildings:
1) The City Hall. 808 Martin Luther King Street
2) Council Chambers and Municipal Court. 510 West Ninth Street
3) The Public Library. 402 W 8th Street
4) The historic Light and Waterworks Building which will be the home to the cities’ Economic Development and Planning Departments. 809 Martin Luther King Street.
Campus updates will also include three shade structures that look like abstract poppies. These will be located outside the new City Hall.
For More Go To – https://www.weatherbug.com/weather-camera/
~From the Sun
Click the marker to see the building and address.