Hello March! Hello Georgetown! March has arrived! Can you believe we are already in the third month of 2021? Our newsletter this week has lots of great articles to read. In our business and … Read More...
The information below is the most recent update we have as of January 15, 2021.
Please, continue to check this page for updates as we receive them.
2/2/2021 UPDATE: Tax forms! The GPL has some tax forms available for this year’s tax season. Some important info:
- No volunteer help will be available at the GPL this year
- You can pick up forms and instructions for 1040s between 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday. (If the weather is bad forms might be inside. Call for assistance.)
- Call 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE for any forms that are not 1040s or instructional booklets. They can deliver forms via curbside.
For more information, including tax help drop off sites, go here: https://library.georgetown.org/2020-tax-forms/
1/15/2021 UPDATE: Need tax help with your 2020 taxes? The Georgetown Library is offering free help and resources!
Here is what we know about this year:
“We are awaiting tax forms and booklets for the 2020 tax year filing season. Please keep checking our web site to find out if these materials have arrived,” the library stated on their website.
You can obtain additional Forms and Instructions through:
- Forms and publications – to view and download.
- Order forms – to order tax products to be delivered by mail.
- 1(800) 829-3676 – to order tax products to be delivered by mail.
The library can print tax forms if you are unable to do so. Please call at 512.930.3551 at least 24 hours in advance of visiting the library and let us know the exact form that you need printed. The forms will then be available for curbside pickup the next day. Entire instructional booklets are not available for printing.
Normal curbside hours are:
- M-F 10am-12pm and 2pm-6pm
- Saturday 10am-12pm and 2pm-5pm.
Tax Preparation Assistance
Prepare your taxes on your own at myfreetaxes.com.
The Foundation Communities will operate The Prosper Tax Help centers by appointment only this year, and are not accepting walk-ins. For help scheduling or cancelling an appointment, call 512-610-7374, or schedule an appointment online.
Appointments are for intake only. Your tax return will not be completed during your visit. Staff will call you when your tax return is ready to schedule a follow-up appointment for tax return signature and pickup.
Appointments are available at the following locations:
- Prosper South – 2900 S. IH 35, Austin, TX, 78704 (Mondays-Saturdays)
- Prosper North – 5900 Airport Blvd, Austin, TX, 78752 (Mondays-Saturdays)
- Round Rock Public Library – 216 E Main St, Austin, TX, 78664 (Saturdays only)
The Prosper Tax Help program income limits have changed as of August 2020. The Tax Help program accepts anyone willing to travel to Austin for tax preparation assistance who meets the income eligibility of $50,000 for a single individual or $75,000 for a family of 2-4 people. They increase the annual income limit by $5,000 for each additional dependent for families of 5 or more. Note: The income limit is waived for staff and residents of Foundation Communities, and for current or retired military personnel.
The United Way of Williamson County will also be providing free tax preparation services, January 27 through April 15, 2021, at a drop off/pick up location to be determined in Williamson County.
This free tax preparation service is available to low-to-moderate income wage earners earning $57,000 or less. Clients often include minimum-wage earners, those who may be homeless, self-employed, and the elderly or people with disabilities.
IRS-certified volunteers provide basic return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
More information can be found at https://library.georgetown.org/2020-tax-forms/