Do you like working outdoors, doing maintenance jobs, encouraging and managing others to serve and helping support the equine therapeutic industry? ROCK, a non-profit in Georgetown, is looking for a full-time Facility Manager.
- Manage, maintain and oversee facilities, including but not limited to: 60 acres of pastures, fencings, buildings, arena and equipment
- Perform general maintenance and repairs with knowledge in general plumbing, electrical, carpentry, mowing, trimming, landscaping, HVAC, “household” type repairs, golf carts, gators, and other tools and maintenance equipment
- This job is a labor position and considered heavy in physical requirements. Must be able to lift 50 lbs; constantly stand, walk, bend at the neck, reach waist to shoulder, grasp and use dominant hand; frequently lift heavy objects, climb ladders, kneel/squat, twist body, reach above shoulders or below waist. The work involves indoor and outdoor activities with exposure to seasonal weather and the associated temperature fluctuations.
- Duties will vary from day to day and flexibility is a must
- Knowledge of pasture maintenance and agriculture best practices is a must
- Open facilities and help with feeding of the horses when necessary
- Acknowledge and complete service requests in a timely manner
- Keep detailed maintenance records
Click on the images below to view a larger version.
- Ability to work well with staff; manage & direct volunteers and workgroups
- Self-motivated, self-starter, efficient, and flexible
- Vision for helping with our facilities expansion
- Ability to make mechanical and facilities repairs as needed
- Able to operate farm equipment
- Horse knowledge helpful but not a requirement
- Ability to prioritize
- Able to work outside in Texas weather
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- High standards and continuous desire to maintain the structural and aesthetic integrity of ROCK’s facility and grounds