Grilled Potato Salad with Scallion Vinaigrette
1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes
10 scallions, trimmed
1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing
Ground black pepper
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 small jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
Step 1 In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt and simmer over moderate heat until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly, then halve lengthwise.
Step 2 Meanwhile, light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the scallions with oil and season with salt and black pepper. Grill over high heat, turning, until lightly charred, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 10 minutes. Cut the scallions into 1-inch lengths.
Step 3 Brush the potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill cut side down over high heat until lightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Step 4 In a large bowl, whisk the 1/3 cup of olive oil with the vinegar and lemon juice. Add the scallions and potatoes and toss well. Season with salt toss again. Scatter the jalapeño slices on top, and serve warm or at room temperature.
. . . . . .
1 cup olive oil
2 (1 ounce) envelopes ranch dressing mix
3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 (16.5 ounce) package mini saltine crackers
Place the olive oil, ranch dressing mix, and crushed red pepper flakes in a 1 gallon plastic zipper bag. Seal the bag and smoosh with your hands to thoroughly combine the oil and spices. Place the crackers into the bag, seal, and turn the bag over to cover the crackers with the spice mix.
Let the bag sit for about 1 hour, then turn again. Repeat several more times until the crackers are well-coated with spice mix, and allow the bag to sit overnight. Remove crackers and serve.
. . . . .
Roasted Garlic Crostini with Whipped Feta and Tomato Relish
1 French baguette
Garlic Olive Oil
24 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 tsp Greek seasoning
8 oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
6 oz. Feta with Garlic & Herbs
1/2 cup Kalamata olives
extra feta for topping
To prepare tomato relish
• Combine cherry tomatoes,Garlic Olive Oil, and Greek seasoning.
• Mix well and then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
• Broil on low for 10 minutes, then mix and broil on high for 5 minutes. Remove tomatoes from the oven, add chopped Kalamata olives, and let cool. Can store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To prepare the whipped feta
• In a stand mixer using the flat beater blade, add room temperature cream cheese mix on medium speed for 30 seconds.
• Slowly add the feta with garlic and herbs to the bowl and beat for an additional 30 seconds. Can store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To prepare the crostini
• Cut french baguette in 1-inch slices. Brush each slice with Garlic Olive Oil
• Grill until toasty. Slather with whipped feta, top with tomato relish.
. . . . .
Creamy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing – shown in image above
• 1 avocado
• 1/4 cup cilantro
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2-4 tablespoons water
• lime juice,to taste (about 1 lime)
• 1 medium clove garlic, crushed
• salt, to taste
• red pepper flakes,to taste
In a blender or food processor combine ingredients for dressing until smooth. Store in fridge for 5-7 days.
. . . . .
Alycia Tandy is the owner of Do Yourself a Flavor Catering here in Georgetown.
Alycia has been serving Georgetown residents with delicious home cooked food at reasonable prices for over 20 years. Offering custom catering to fit her clients needs.
You can contact Alycia through her Facebook Page, Do Yourself A Flavor Catering.
Email her at – email@example.com
Or Call – 512-565-1613