Happy 4th of July! Hello Georgetown! Happy 4th of July! This year won't be a traditional 4th of July. There won't be a fireworks show in many areas, no hometown celebrations, no festivals. I do … Read More...
After a storm, it’s important to perform any necessary roofing repairs quickly to help protect your home from further damage. But that doesn’t mean you should choose the first contractor who knocks on your door. Finding one who is trustworthy, honest, and professional will make all the difference in protecting your roof investment. Check out these 7 tips to help protect yourself, your home, and your wallet.
1. Get local referrals. There is less chance of disappointments when you choose a contractor from your community who is likely
to be familiar with local rules and codes and has a relationship
with area crews and suppliers.
2. Look for manufacturer designations. The contractor must pass certain minimum requirements to be factory certified. GAF only allows 5% of roofing contractors to be recognized as CertifiedTM Contractors.
3. Research Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. GAF CertifiedTM Contractors are required to maintain satisfactory ratings with the BBB in order to retain their certification.
4. Get an extensive warranty. Not all contractors can offer manufacturer warranties that include coverage of the contractor’s workmanship. Without a workmanship warranty, you might be on the hook for mistakes that show up years later.
5. Check for proper insurance. The contractor should have insurance for all employees and subcontractors and be able to provide a copy of their insurance certificate for validation. GAF CertifiedTM Contractors must hold appropriate levels of Workers Compensation, at least $1 million worth of General Liability coverage, and have proper state and city licensing where they are performing the work.
6. Pay your deductible. Any contractor who claims they can handle the repair without having the homeowner pay their insurance deductible could be committing insurance fraud and endangering the homeowner. HB 2102.
7. Ask about material choices. The style and color of the shingle
you install can affect the resale value of your home. If the insurance company is paying for a new roof, consider upgrading to a style that better suits your taste. GAF contractors can offer extensive design and color choices for your home. Go to gaf.com.
HOMETOWN ROOFING PROS is your local choice! We have been in business in Georgetown since 2008 and have worked diligently to provide not only the best service and product, but do it honestly and with integrity. We love our community and the people who live here. Many companies follow storms as they travel across the country, but we do not. Our home is here, so you will have the continued service long after the storm has passed and we have installed your roof! We are experienced with working with the insurance company to guide you through the process from beginning to end. THAT is why you should call Gary Brown with Hometown Roofing Pros at 512-635-4206 for a free roof inspection.